Updated Tuesday May 3, 2016 by Barrington Little League.
Barrington Little League Code of Conduct:
No Board Member, Manager, Coach, Player or Spectator shall:
· At any time, lay a hand upon, push, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official.
· Be guilty of heaping personal verbal or physical abuse upon any official for any real or imaginary belief of a wrong decision or judgment.
· Be guilty of an objectionable demonstration of dissent at an officials’ decision by throwing gloves, helmets, hats, bats, balls, or any other forceful unsportsman-like action.
· Be guilty of unnecessarily rough tactics in the play of a game against the body of an opposing player.
· Be guilty of a physical attack upon any board member, official manager, coach, player or spectator.
· Be guilty of the use of profane, obscene or vulgar language in any manner at any time.
· Appear on the field of play, stands, or anywhere on the BLL complex while in an intoxicated state at any time. Intoxicated will be defined as an odor or behavior issue.
· Be guilty of gambling upon any play or outcome of any game with anyone at any time.
· Smoke while in the stands or on the playing field or in any dugout at any time. Smoking will only be permitted in designated areas which will be 200 fet from any spectator, stands or dugouts.
· Be guilty of discussing publicly with spectators in a derogatory or abusive manner any play, decision or a personal opinion on any players during the game.
· As a manager or coach be guilty of mingling with or fraternizing with spectators during the course of the game.
· Speak disrespectfully to any player, manager, coach, official or representative of the league.
· Be guilty of tampering or manipulating any league rosters, schedules, draft positions or selections, official score books, rankings, financial records or procedures.
· Challenge an umpire’s authority. The umpires shall have the authority and discretion during a game to penalize the offender according to the infraction up to and including removal from the game.
The Board of Directors will review all infractions of the BLL Code of Conduct. Depending on the seriousness or frequency, the board may assess additional disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the league.
|code of conduct.pdf|